PST file is an Outlook data file that stores emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, attachments on your computer local storage as a backup file of MS Outlook email database. Many organizations switching from local email storage solution to cloud-based solutions like Office 365 (now Microsoft 365) for reasons like security, scalability, availability, collaboration, and affordable subscription-based pricing.
However, importing organization's PST to Office 365 directly is not an easy task to do. There is not any direct option available in MS Outlook to import to Office 365. A manual method you can use Network upload to import your organization's PST to Microsoft 365. This is a manual method which is a long and complicated process. In this method, during complicated steps, a small mistake may lead to data loss or pst file corruption. For this method, the user should also have technical experience of Office 365, Azure AzCopy, Command Prompt, PowerShell and more.
In this blog, we are sharing information about a third-party tool from V Software called vMail PST File Converter. This software helps you in importing PST to Office 365 easily and quickly in just a few steps. Here we describe what is Outlook PST Converter Software, its features and how to use it to migrate PST data to Office 365.
vMail PST File Converter Tool
vMail Outlook PST Converter is an email recovery and migration tool that recovers data from PST file and export to PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML, etc formats and Office 365. This software can also repair corrupt pst files, recover password-protected pst files and split large size of pst file in small pst files. This software is very easy-to-use and performs quick and hassle-free PST to Office 365 Migration without any risk of data loss.
How to import PST file to Office 365/Microsoft 365?
- Download and install PST File Converter.
- Run the software click Continue or Buy Now to unlock the full version. (with the free version you can export max 30 emails).
- Now Browse and select Outlook PST file and click Next. (Software will automatically scan all emails, contacts, and other data from the pst file)
- Click on Office 365 icon to open Export to Office 365 tab.
- Here input your Office 365 account email id and password.
- Click on Export Now to start pst to office 365 migration process.
- Once the process is completed, a pop-up of mentioning ‘Message Completion’ status appears. Click OK to finish.
Prominent Features of this Tool.
- Import bulk Outlook PST files into Office 365 Mailbox.
- Allows to preview recovered emails from PST file
- Incremental option to import only emails/contacts or other Outlook components from the PST file.
- Selective migration of each item of pst file.
- Maintains folder structure during the migration.
- Import emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, journals from PST file.
- Supports with MS Outlook 2019 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & older versions of PST file
Importing PST file into Office 365 is not supported by Microsoft utility. Due to this factor, it becomes challenging to migrate to Cloud Microsoft 365. As discussed in this blog post, the manual method consists of lengthy, time taking, and unwieldy steps, with chances of partial export and errors. Thus, the use of advanced software such as vMail PST File Converter is recommended to import PST to your Office 365 account, as the software directly imports all components of the PST mailbox data to Office 365 without affecting the file format.